Book Discussion Groups
|Library||Day||Time||Book Group||Reading List|
|3rd Friday||10:00am - 11:00am||Arroyo Grande Bookends||Reading List|
|Arroyo Grande||1st Saturday||9:00am - 10:00am||Fiction Addiction||Reading List|
|Atascadero||Dates on List||10:00am||Read A Latte Books
|Cayucos||2nd Friday||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Booked For Lunch||Bring what you are reading to share.|
|Los Osos||3rd Thursday||5:30pm||Book Discussion Group||Reading List|
|Morro Bay||1st Wednesdays||10:00am - 12:00pm||Book Discussion Group||NA|
|Nipomo||2nd Tuesday||11:00am - 1:00pm||Mystery Book Club||NA|
|Oceano||Contact Branch||Contact Branch||Book Discussion Group||NA|
|Shell Beach||4th Thursday||3:30pm - 4:30pm||Book Discussion Group||Contact Library|
|San Luis Obispo||2nd Thursday||10:30am - 12:00pm||SLO Library Book Group
Book Club Kits
Borrow a book club kit for your next book group discussion. Each kit contains 10 copies of a title and discussion questions, unless otherwise noted in its description.
- Any card holder in good standing may borrow a kit.
• Requests can be made on the library’s online catalog
• Kits are held for pickup for 7 days.
• The kit will be checked out to the library card of the person picking up the kit. That person is responsible for the return of the kit and its contents.
• The loan period is 6 weeks.
• Kits may not be renewed.
• Check contents before returning the kit. The replacement cost of an entire kit depends on the cost of each item in the kit. The replacement costs of individual parts of the kit will depend on the cost of each particular item.
Book Club Kit FAQs
One of my group members forgot to return his/her book—who is responsible?
• The person who borrows the kit is completely responsible for the return of the bag or box and its contents.
I can’t remember what was in my kit when I got it. How do I know what to check for before returning?
• Check the our online catalog; the kit’s contents are listed there.
Can my group members return their copies to the library?
• No, the entire kit must be returned at the same time.
Do I have to return the kit to the same library where I checked it out?
• No, the kit can be returned to any County of SLO Public Libraries branch.
What if a book is lost?
• If your group loses or damages a book, you will be billed for the book. Please let us know if you would like to replace the book instead.
What if my group needs more copies than are in the kit?
• Use our online catalog to search for more copies of a title. Let us know if you need assistance requesting additional copies.
What if someone in my group prefers large print or another format?
• Use our online catalog to see if the title is available in large print, book on CD, or downloadable ebook or audiobook. Let us know if you need assistance requesting additional formats.