Book Discussion Groups
|Library||Day||Time||Book Group||Reading List|
|3rd Friday||10:00am - 11:00am||Arroyo Grande Bookends||Reading List|
|Arroyo Grande||4th Tuesday||3:00pm - 4:00pm||Arroyo Grande Bookends||Reading List|
|Atascadero||Dates on List||10:00am||Fiction Addiction
|Cayucos||2nd Friday||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Booked For Lunch||Bring what you are reading to share.|
|Los Osos||3rd Thursday||6:30pm||Book Discussion Group||Reading List|
|Morro Bay||1st Wednesdays||10:00am - 12:00pm||Book Discussion Group||NA|
|Nipomo||2nd Tuesday||11:00am - 1:00pm||Mystery Book Club||NA|
|Nipomo||1st Wednesday||1:00pm - 3:00pm||Book Discussion Group||NA|
|Oceano||Contact Branch||Contact Branch||Book Discussion Group||NA|
|Shell Beach||4th Thursday||3:30pm - 4:30pm||Book Discussion Group||Contact Library|
|San Luis Obispo||2nd Thursday||10:30am - 12:00pm||SLO Library Book Group
Book Club Kits are available to borrow from several libraries in Black Gold. Each kit contain 8 to 10 copies of a title, unless otherwise noted in the catalog. Also included are discussion questions and other supplemental materials. For a complete list of all Book Club kits and supplementary materials, click here:
• Any card holder in the Black Gold Library System in good standing may borrow a kit.
• Requests can be made for most kits on the library’s online catalog: www.slolibrary.org
• Kits are held for pickup for 7 days.
• The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the kit. That person is responsible for the return of the kit and all of its contents.
• The loan period is 6 weeks. Overdue fines of $1.00 per day will apply to kits returned after the due date.
• Kits may not be renewed.
• Check contents before returning the kit. The replacement cost of an entire kit depends on the cost of each unit in the kit. The replacement costs of individual parts of the kit will depend on the cost of each particular item.
Book Club Kit FAQs
One of my group members forgot to return his/her book—who is responsible?
• The person who borrows the kit is completely responsible for the return of the bag or box and all of its contents.
I can’t remember what was in my kit when I got it. How do I know what to check for before returning?
• Check the library online catalog; the kit’s contents are listed there.
Can my group members return their copies to the library?
• No, the entire kit must be returned at the same time.
Do I have to return the kit to the same library where I checked it out?
• No, the kit can be returned to any library in the Black Gold Cooperative.
What if a book is lost?
• If your group loses a book, you may either replace it with a new paperback copy of the book or the loaning library will bill you for the book. Please let the library know if a book has been substituted.
What if my group needs more copies than are in the bag?
• Use the library’s online catalog to request more copies of a title as needed.
What if someone in my group prefers large print or another format?
• Use the library’s online catalog to see if the title is available in different formats: large print, book on CD, downloadable ebook or audiobook and place a request.
Can my book club suggest titles for the program?
• Contact your local library and let them know your ideas.